Say "YES!" to God's call.
When He calls, He always enables.

Saturday, August 21, 2010

On Our Way Home!

We have added two children, three suitcases and two backpacks since we were last here in HongKong , 17 days ago. At nine o'clock Sunday morning (here) we will get on a plane and travel for about 20 hours and land in Atlanta about 4 o'clock Sunday afternoon (there). It is called gaining a day, but it is something like being outside of time, the way God is.
The one thing I will miss about China, is the food. At a restaurant or noodles in the room -I love it all. I am afraid that the children are going to be very disappointed to go from breakfasts of 6 or 8 kinds of meats , fruits, noodles, juices, pastries with a chef to cook personal omlets to a box of cold cereal. I may have to be more accommodating in the early hours of the day than I am accustomed to ( think they'd settle for pancakes from the freezer, or could my rice cooker keep rice warm if I put it in the night before?)







Only two more flights. When we get home , I will have completed 26 flights in four years. For someone with FOF, I consider that an accomplishment. I keep wondering if maybe I am over it. That won't keep me from taking my Xx, but I might consider a weekend in NYC or two in Amsterdaam....maybe. C, from OUTSIDE the bamboo curtain hooray!


3 comments:

Sarah said...

I have LOVED keeping up with you guys on this journey! Praying for you as you travel, looking forward to hearing more when everyone gets home & settled in!

ariel said...

wait what does a weekend in NYC mean?

Wright Family said...

means I'll need a babysitter :)