Say "YES!" to God's call.
When He calls, He always enables.

Saturday, April 4, 2009

day 2

As you can see, Andy got his oxygen mask off today and as you can't see, he also got his catheter out. He will stay another day in ICU because his sodium is low (common in brain surgeries). He has not opened his eyes yet - perhaps they are swollen shut. He talks from time to time - asking me to hold his hand or asking for his bear. Once he said 'my head is broken'. He had been very excited ahead of time to come here for the doctors to fix his head, so I assured him that it was fixed. Jerry spent last night here. he has just taken Ric and Amber back to Ronald McDonald House to sleep while they play. Tonight they will all go watch Carolina play basketball at Katrina's while I stay here. I am expecting Andy to want me here most of the time as he wakes up but, as with everything else, we will play it by ear.

2 comments:

Marjorie said...

aw, bless his heart! His eyes do look quite swollen. Poor sweetie. I'm so glad he is making progress. We're thinking about you and continuing to hold you up in prayer. Maddie tells everyone we meet to pray for Andy. ;)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the updates. You all are and have been in our prayers. Can't wait for ya'll to get back home.

Blessings to all,

Tom & Lainey