Say "YES!" to God's call.
When He calls, He always enables.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Good, Bad and the name

This is the view from my lawnchair. So what could I possibly have to complain about? Look carefully at the picture and you might notice that two little faces are missing from the picture. We had expected to bring Simon and Jed (full name Jedidiah, meaning beloved by the LORD...also called Jedi by his brothers who are thinking of another meaning entirely) home at the beginning of the summer. We have two dressers full of summer clothes for them that will soon have to be packed away. We have been waiting since May for a piece of paper we expected to arrive in June from China. Still no word of it. So while life here is wonderful, there are two boys at orphanages in China who have waited a very loong time for their forever family to come get them.


Summer has been lovely. Ariel has been teaching the kids to swim. Rosie can now go under water !











My parents stopped by twice - once on their way North and again, for Jay and Lindsay's birthday, on their way back to Naples.



















Good thing I was planning to try decorating their cake like one I saw on pinterest, because it crmbled to bits when I tried to get it out of the pan and after dumping a ton of icing on my heap of chocolate crumbs, not finding any twix bars, I surrounded it with twizzlers and poured M+Ms on top. At least my DILs will never have to be intimidated by my great skills in the kitchen!








No comments: